Preparation of „Acqua Aged Beef“
Steak it easy.
This step-by-step instruction will explain in detail how to grill a perfect steak.
- Remove meat from refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towel and brush it lightly with oil.
- Sear each side of the steak for 2 minutes at high temperatures to evolve roasted aromas. Use a barbecue tong to flip the steak to prevent leakage of juices.
- Important is the subsequent cooking at low temperature. This is best done in a closed grill or in a preheated
By using your own two hands and fingers, you can teach yourself what rare, medium or well done feels like. The palm of your open hand will give you the feeling of a rare done steak. When you're touching the index finger to the thumb, and the pad of the hand is the softest, this is what medium meat feels like. Moving to the little finger changes the pad to feel like well done.
Hint: A digital meat thermometer is an easy way to do it more precisely
- Rare: 48°C – 51°C core temperature
- Medium: 56°C – 59°C core temperature
- Well done: 65°C – 70°C core temperature
- Season the steak with plenty of sea salt and with some pepper.
- Once it’s done to your liking wrap the steak into aluminum foil and let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the steak.
- Depending on your preference, refine the steak with a drizzle of olive oil or a piece of herb butter on top. The steak can be served in whole or sliced in strips of 2-3cm.
Hint: A serving plate made of cast iron will make sure that the steak does not cool off during the meal.